1/16/2010

Marathon

So for my first post, after the post telling you I am back, I want to tell you about my latest quest. My brother, who runs most every day, has talked me into running the OKC marathon.

If you want to learn more about it the website is http://www.okcmarathon.com/

So anyway I am only running the half and haven't even really committed to that other than giving my brother my word, which I would like to believe is still good for something. So I started running. I ran the first time 01/14/10 and ran 3/4 of a mile before giving in to the pain. It took me 12 minutes. Last night I was bound and determined to run 1.5 miles, which I did and it took me 19 minutes so I am improving. Tonight I am going for 2 miles and would like to see is in around 23 minutes. I will let you know how that goes.

If you are asking yourself, why in the world is he doing this, well I can answer that in a few short words. The number 3 killer of cops is heart attacks. I want to do everything I can do to spend more time with my family even if that means running!

1 comment:

  1. Didn't make it in the 23 minutes I had hoped for, but I made it in 27 minutes 51 seconds.

    ReplyDelete