10/24/2005

Temples

This weekend while at work I got into an argument with a teenager about Marihuana. He wanted to know what was wrong with smoking a little pot. Well first of all and most important, IT IS ILLEGAL! Now I know that not everybody abides by the law, I mean I speed every once in awhile myself, but I do try to be a law abiding citizen! When did law enforcement become the enemy? I mean we are just doing our jobs and doing it the best we can! I chose to write on this for one reason, 1 Corinthians 6:19-20. “Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.” I know that people want to believe in something! I know that people are looking for heroes, why else would we be paying our professional athletes so much money! Why not look towards God. He can fill that empty spot in your heart! We feel like we are always searching for something, because we are! God made us and we long to know our Creator. What would the United States be like if we all treated our bodies like they were a temple of God. I can only imagine! They would be no need for my profession!

No comments:

Post a Comment